You are here

CMLS group- Welcome to 3 new trustees

On behalf of the board of CMLSGroup, I would like to welcome Nigel Deekes, David FitzGerald and Karen Adams to our board of trustees. All three are active patient members of this group as well as others and by bringing their expertise and enthusiasm will enhance the work we already do on behalf of CML patients in both the UK and Europe as well as the wider world.

Between us we now have direct patient experience of all the currently recommended treatments for CML, including imatinib;nilotinib;dasatinib;ponatinib and bosutinib as well as stem cell transplantation and even the DESTINY stopping trial. I think this makes this group pretty formidable and with David Ryner's expertise in representing CMLS g with the various NICE HTAs and all other issues about access including the CDF and general health policy, we are a well respected CML advocacy group. 

David FitzGerald and Nigel Deekes will represent us at the CML Horizons Patient Advocates conference in Slovenia this coming May. Nigel will also be there as a representative of his popular facebook group CML UK. We will now be working more closely with CML UK.

This is a very exciting phase for us in our 16 year history of online patient support. The internet has undoubtable helped many of us access the best possible treatment which has contributed to the asstounding survival data we are now seeing. I hope you will join the rest of the board in welcoming our new board members. We look forward to working together to continue the important work we do on behalf of CML patients everywhere. 

Sandy