You are here

Sun and nilotinib

Hi,

I was diagnosed 29 January this year been on nilotinib with no side effects. when I mentioned to my consultant last appointment that I was going on holiday, she said I might notice that my skin more sensitive with the sun. I don't normally burn, but has anyone else had any sensitivities? 

Thanks 

Yes, I am definitely more sensitive to sunburn - though I am on imatinib.  As I live in Scotland, it's not too much of a problem, though!

Olivia

Thank you, I normally use factor 50, will see how i get on and can always seek out the shade. I am in Aberdeen, I have noticed that when my hands get cold they take ages to warm up again. 

I'm on dasatinib, but definitely more sensitive to sun than I was before CML. I burn in April weather (OK, not this April - it snowed in London today!!) but I remember getting really badly burned in mid-May just a coulpe of years ago from only about 30 minutes outside. I remember it well because it was the day Arsenal paraded the FA Cup down Upper Street in N1!

So now I just wear factor 30-50 when somewhere sunny, and even with that I keep out of the sun. I'm not a lover of sunbathing, so that works fine with me.

David.