You are here

Left abdomen pain lately

Hi, everyone,

Its been a while that I haven't posted on the forum.  My PCR from diagnose is 412%, 37%, 0.74%, 0.24%, 0.48%, 0.11%, 0.12% (3 months ago), virtually no change for the last two result, it wasn't the best result I was hoping for as I did not reach MMR in one and half years.  Doc told me to wait for the next PCR to decide whether to switch from Glivec to something else.  However, I recently feel pain in the left abdomen.  It is a dull pain started about 3 days ago, and I was very tired and busy with my job for about one month.  I previously had a enlarged spleen when diagnosed, I don't know if this is a symptom that showing cml is playing around again.   I am about to do another blood test in next couple of days, but the result is going to take 2-3 weeks to come back.  I am a bit worried now.  Can anyone give me some advise? does the last 2 results indicate I have built up imatinib resistance? 

Thanks a lot,

William

Hi William. Firstly you mention not being at MMR 0.1 at 18 months, while absolutely that is right, you are so so close that basically you have achieved it in my view. You have a CML that seems to have been very responsive to your Glivec. Your levels have been stable for the last 2 results, this one will be interesting and perhaps the key to change or not. Glivec can be a slower acting TKI but for many prolonged taking does show a continued decrease. The full blood count from your next appointment will be instant, rather than your PCR which takes a few weeks. If your white count is normal, then your spleen is very likely to be normal. I think it is unlikely your cml has enlarged your spleen so quickly since a 0.12 results. Hope this helps a little.  Keep us posted

Hi, Nigel,

Thanks so much for your quick response.  The left abdomen pain persists, it gets worse after I had a meal.  I hope it is not cml related.  I did my blood test today.  Just have to wait for the result to come back.  

Thanks,

William

Well worth mentioning it to you Dr and or pop and see you GP for them to feel for it to see if palpable.