You are here

Transcript Type of CML

Categories:

Hello all,

I was diagnosed with CML 6 months ago and have been on Tasigna. I have a question on the transcript type of CML, which have me confused and worried all the time.

I read thru my RT-PCR report at Dx, it said e14a2 (P210) was detected but at the same time e1a2 (P190) was also detected which was generated by alternative splicing. I don’t have any idea on what this alternative splicing is all about. The doc simply told me that I got both transcript types.

The thing that I am uncomfortable with is that subsequent RT-PCR tests confine only to the detection of e14a2 without mentioning anything on e1a2, this makes me wondering and worrying if the RT-PCR that I have been receiving reflects the whole picture. I sincerely hope that I could get some insight from you knowledgeable people here.

Thanks in advance.

Hi Kenny,   like you my cml has a break point of e14a2, my understanding is this is a very common break point. Have a look at the following

http://www.bloodjournal.org/content/114/11/2232?sso-checked=true

This article in Blood journal says that e1a2 is fine to have with the e14a2 breakpoint but not without. So perhaps it is not mentioned now, as it is also not on mine, as it has no effect on your cml – outcome. I do no know to much on this but hope it helps. Seems as I say not to be an issue.   Nigel

I was actually researching this very thing and came to the same conclusion about having both P210 and P190 transcripts and there being no difference in outcome as long as you have both and not P190 alone.  My subsequent PCR results beyond diagnosis also make no further mention of the P190 transcript (15 months on and CCyR).  

Anybody else on the forum have both transcripts and care to elaborate?  

My P190 minor has not shown after month 2 of diagnoses and P210 major is now 0.000