You are here

CML Ponatinib

Categories:

Hello,

I'm writing from Italy. My father, 72 years old, has got CML since 2015. He tried Tasigna, Sprycel but they both failed so he switched to Iclusig since March 2016. It is giving good response at hematological level, but it is not giving cytogenetic response. Does anybody has similar experiences? Do you know if there is any other medecine available? Thanks for your response. Concetta

Hi Concetta

I'm sorry to hear about your father.

My initial response would be to ask if he has had a mutation test.

There is also Bosutinib and Imatinib ( although Imatinib is usually a first line drug). I'm sure someone will be along soon to reply to you in more detail and with better information.   I do know that some people respond more slowly than others.

I do hope he sees a deeper response soon,

Best

Chrissie

Thanks Chrissie for your quick response. he had mutation tests, but there are no mutations indeed. Hope there is some solution.

Cheers,

Concetta

Hi Concetta,

Sorry that your dad has not yet had a cytogenetic response. It could be that he has primary resistant disease which makes things all the more complex. I know at least one person who did not respond well to any of the TKIs other than bosutinib. Is that available to you father. It would be worth trying.

Other than that there is a drug currently called by its code name - ABL 001 - which is having some success in clinical trials.  See link to C/trial here http://www.cmlsupport.org.uk/clinical-trials/abl001%E2%80%8B

Best wishes to your father,

Sandy

Thanks Sandy, I'll look on to your advices.

Have a good day:)