You are here

Cramps

Categories:

Hi - any ladies here who experience cramps in the breasts? I am on Gleevec from last 1.5 yrs and often get cramps in my breasts.

Regards

Annie

Hi Annie

I have not had your problem - it sounds really uncomfortable.  I have heard of people getting cramps in odd places, though, for instance in their tongue.  Maybe I've been lucky, but I have only had foot, leg, arm and hand cramps.  After over 7 years on imatinib, I am now on 200mg and the cramps are very much reduced both in frequency and duration.  I find that 'imatinib cramps' are different in kind from the more normal ones that many people get as they get older.  It's difficult to describe the difference except that they are less easy to get rid of by putting one's weight on the bad leg.

Good luck, and best wishes for 2017

Olivia

Thank you Olivia,

Good to know that your dose is reduced.

Hope it would be for me too in few years.

Best wishes for 2017.

Annie

Cramps in the chest

Hi Annie

I get regular cramps just below the line of the rib cage on both sides and it is not the heart or any other organ that is causing it.It seems to be muscular and the only way to deal with it is to do deep breathing and also stretch the arms up into the air to relieve the often intense pain;eventually it goes away.I have experienced this since dx ten years ago and cant do much about it -just the price of taking tkis so as to keep alive..I know our anatomies might be slightly different but I guess that your cramps  might originate within the muscles etc of the rib cage rather than the tissues of the breast

Trust this helps and to indicate that this is a form of cramp in an unusual place

Best wishes

John

Jaysis...you must have very muscular breast ;)

Sorry about the cramps though, I have gotten hand cramps on 600mg of imatanib but very much reduced now im on 400mg

I recently started going to the gym for the first time after the diagnosis (6 momnths ago) , I'm getting hand cramps and some near misses with odd back muscles and abdominals.

Are you cramps related to working out or weight lifting in anyway?

Eva, you might want to check your magnesium levels and try supplementing with Mag. Sandy

Checked and Magnesium levels are fine. With a bit more weight lifting the hand cramps are not happening now, still a few pre-cramps on the old abs but prob due to non-usage also

Hi - Yes even I get cramps in hands, abdomen and back. Breasts cramps are reduced to a greater extend. Good that you have started exercising. It does help.

Regards

Annie

Cramps were one of the main imatinib side effects I had.  Hands, feet and back.  They were quite significant at first but over time they reduced to the extent they had essentially disappeared by the time I went on reduced dose under DESTINY.  I was able to exercise even on full imatinib dose without any real problems after a little time.

Richard