You are here

New to the forum, newly diagnosed and wanted to say hi

Hi all,

I'm a 34 year old female who was diagnosed three weeks ago following a routine blood test as I was having problems conceiving a child. So far I’ve been on imatinib for a few weeks and going well. Feeling positive...considering, and wondering if I’ll have a delayed reaction! It’s just so strange when you feel OK, and I feel so grateful there are so many treatment options now! You really never know where life will take you, but we’re all fighters.

It's been great reading other peoples experiences and I suppose I just wanted to say hi, especially to anyone my age. I'm obviously very upset now about the prospect of children, but you have to stay positive!

Do people every meet up? I couldn’t see any events and I would love to meet other people going through a similar thing to myself.

Hi, sam. hope you're fine. My name is Lucas and i'm 35 - so, about your age. i was diagnosed almost 3 and a half years ago and i'm doing great. I know that there are some meet up in hammersmith - next on on february 25th, from 10:30 to 1:30. you need to make a reservation (send a mail to stevendavies1920@gmail.com). Good luck!

Thanks Lucas :) Great to hear you're well, its so nice to see so many positive people on here, and thank you for the heads up on the meeting, i'll drop them a line