You are here

Different generics

I have been taking Imatinib 400mgs from Wockhardt for the past month - my first month on the generic, and all has been fine. Healthcare at Home have just delivered my next month's supply and on opening the box I find this month it's from Intrapharm. I asssume one generic is the same as another but owondered a) if I'm right on this and b) if this has happened to other patients.

best

Chrissie

Just had an answer from both my haematologist and the cancer pharmacist at the hospital. What amazing care!!

All OK with either generic - and for those with H@H they apparently will send one of these two generics whatever they have in stock. No problem with me or my consultant or the hospital cancer pharmacist. Nice to know

Best

Chrissie

Chrissie - thank you for the reassuring information on generics from H@H. I received Intrapharm first, then Wockhardt! I have been reduced to 300mg - the 100 mg generic tablets are minute- much easier to swallow than 400mg Glivec! I have an appointment in two weeks to check how things are going. For the first time I had bloods taken at the GP's this week, so hopefully results will be available - so thank you for telling me that this is possible! 

Margaret

Hi Margaret

I'm hoping to go down to 300mgs in June. Pleased things are going well for you,

best

Chrissie