You are here

CMR Response and Discontinuation of Treatment

Hi All!  Here’s my story.

I was diagnosed with CML on 23 February 2009 at age 48.  I was in the accelerated phase well on my way to the acute phase. My WBC was, 354,000.00.  Initially it was thought I would need a stem cell transplant.  After considering the matter for a few hours, I checked into the hospital, and my diagnosis was updated to CML.  After initial treatment, I was placed on 100mg of Spryceldasatinib.

By October of 2010, I had achieved CMR, and my CML has been undetectable since then. My dosage, over time, was reduced to 70mg then to 50mg.  I have been on 50mg of Sprycel – dasatinib for bout 3 years now at least.  So . . . I have been CMR – undetectable for almost 7 years now.

I’ve read the articles on posted on the web site about dosage reduction and discontinuation of treatment.  I’ve thought about going down to 25mg of Sprycel, and I’ve thought about treatment discontinuation.

I’ve read the articles regarding on this site about dosage reduction and discontinuation and the success of remaining in CMR after discontinuing treatment.  I had some blood work done to measure my “killer” T cells.  My CD4 T cells are in the normal range, and my CD8 T cells are through the roof. Way – way above normal.  (Were these the right ones to test for – that’s what my hematologist/oncologist tested for).

Well . . . . . comments are welcome, especially detailed ones. Glad this web site is available. So many of us, from the States, relied upon Jerry Mayfield’s web site who recently passed away (not related to CML I think).

Thanks All! Philip