You are here

Changes to CML Support web site

Over the coming days, weeks and months, we are making some changes to the CML Support web site. We'd greatly appreciate your feedback on changes we are making, or ideas you might have to improve the site.

Technical Security

1. We have recently completed steps to ensure that this site security continues to be in tip-top condition and it remains in a fully secured state. This is an ongoing task as new security threats emerge. 
  2. Encryption has been enabled site-wide. Depending on the web browser user, you may now see a padlock or other icon to indicate that your connection to this site is encrypted.

Easier Login

1. Who wants to remember 100 different username and passwords? Not me. So now you can log in or register to this site with your Google or Facebook account. 
  2. For existing users, if the email addresses you registered on this web site is the same as the one you registered with Google or Facebook, you can choose the "Continue with Google or Facebook" at login
  3. With the extra security this brings us, we have been able to remove the need for manual approval of new accounts - which is great for new users. Sorry to those that had to wait for account approval in the past - it was an anti-spam measure.

Future improvements

Over the coming months, we are going to make more changes which will change the site in a more noticeable way. This won't be wholesale change, just tweaks to the visual style here and there to make things easier to use, information easier to find, etc. Here are a few ideas:

1. Make the site more friendly on your mobile, fitting more information on those smaller screens
  2. Tighten up the view of the forum to make it more readable and easier to reply to existing posts
  3. Review the structure of the information shown in the menus, making sure we show the right info to the right people  
  4. Integrate with Google better so people can find us easier

What we need now is ... Your ideas!

• What would make this site easier to use? Have you had any frustrations with it - anything you can tell us helps us improve 
  • Have you found the information you needed? If so, was it easy to find? If not, what could we add?

Any comments, criticism - both positive or for improvement ... any feedback at all really helps us steer this site in the direction that is most helpful to our users.

David F.

Can you make it so we can access our posts from our profiles - rather than having to scroll through everything on the forum?  Also that you can access everyone's posts from their profiles.  If I find someone who sounds in a similar situation to me, I'd like to be able to see what they've been saying to everyone.  This would be a great addition.  Thanks for all the great work!

That's a good idea - I'll add it to the list, but can't make any promises and I'm not sure how difficult (or easy) that might be to implement. 

Thanks for the idea, it's really helpful to get other perspectives on the site.