You are here

Sprycel Side Effects

Categories:

I am posting from Atlanta, Ga. I was diagnosed several years ago. Was on Gleevec for several years and Sprycel now for a couple of years. Some of the side effects of Sprycel are difficult and I am thinking about talking to my Dr about changing TKI's. I am wondering if anyone has tried Bosutinib?? If you would, please share any negative or positive experiences with this.

Would appreciate any advise.

Tom

Hi Tom

I have been on Bosutinib for about 4 years after trying all the others. From my point of view it has been one of the best - I have had a couple of liver issues and I still have some skin problems but I have been lucky and not had the diahorea that many others have had.

The only thing I would say is that every TKI has its issues and you are unlikely to find one that completely eliminates all side effects so if you are getting good results on the one you are on and the side effects are bearable it may be better to stay on it than change.

K

Karen, thanks for the reply. The main issues I'm having are joint soreness, low energy, bad ringing in my ears and no sleep. It's really a difficult decision whether I should try switching or not.

Karen,

I'm not sure if you remember me but I sent you a message way back in 2017 asking about Bosutinib. I'm still on 40 mg of Sprycel but having some PE issues. My Dr wants to switch to Bosutinib. Just wondering if you are still on Bos. and still not having any serious side effects. I think she wants myeto take 400mg? Curious what dose you are taking.

Thanks Karen,

Tom