You are here

One year in- looking towards the future- will I ever feel better?

Categories:

Hi all!  Just found this support group site and I am so happy!  I was diagnosed with CML in August of 2016 just 4 months after giving birth to my daughter.  I was put on Tasigna immediately after the initial chemo.  Originally on 300mg 2x/day- now on 300mg 1x/day.

I have a ton of fatigue.  I am an outpatient physical therapist- I run a clinic.  I work 11 hour days and am very busy.  I come home exhausted.  I also have begun to bruise quite frequently and easily.  My platelet count was down a bit.  I am in remission so I don't see my hematologist for 4 months.

I am just looking for some good news.  I really would like to have more energy and just feel better.  I am so thankful that CML is easily treated and that I was diagnosed after the drugs were discovered. I don't want to be a whiner but I feel so crappy. 

Anyone else have this fatigue and general joint pain??  Thanks in advance!

Hi,

Sorry to hear about the side effects you are having with Tasigna . I was diagnosed on Jan 2017 and have been taking Tasigna 300mg twice a day. for the first 3 months I had no side effects at all expect some dry skin and little itching but later in 4-5th months I had serious itching and skin rash issue ( I had posted about it earlier) . I took Cetrizine in the night and it helped a lot. Now it's been a while I do not have that issue. So in short , so far I am tolerating Tasigna well. However I hate the fasting period especially for the evening . My latest BCR was also good. It was undetectable . I wish you all the best and hope all your side effects will vanish soon.

Regards
Naj

Hi Naj. Thanks for responding! I started off on 300mg twice a day. Had tons of skin issues- a full body rash and tons of fatigue. My doc lowered my dose to 300 once a day which makes the fasting so much easier- take it when I get up to use the restroom at night. Lol. Fortunately since the side reduction the rash is better. Just on my arms and legs.

I'm just so tired. I'm hoping that will get better someday! How old are you if you don't mind me asking.