You are here

Dosage of Tasigna

Categories:

Hello I have started Tasigna (600 mg) 3 days ago. On the 3rd day I vomited just before taking the morning dose. Not knowing anything jet about the side effects except for the brochure that came with the medication where it says to contact ones doctor. I tried to find an answer but it came 8 hours later so I missed one dose. Tonight I can't sleep I have a terrible headache, I feel noxious and worst of all cannot lay down my back aches. My question is does it get any better or will have to stop living in order to survive? I am 152cm tall and weight 45 kilograms. Do you think that the dosage are meant to be the same for every body.

You all seem so knowledgeable. I feel I won't be able to cope in pain and without sleep. Can someone give me some idea of how long this may be?

Kind regards,

Sonica 

I am no expert, but if this is happening only 3 days in, I would head back to the doctor and find out if you can reduce your dose for a short time and see if your body adjusts to the new medication.  If not, maybe another medication would be in order? When I took Tasigna (only for about 3 weeks before I switched back to Sprycel)  it was given to me in the form of capsules that were 150mg each. Perhaps you could take 300 mg per day instead and still take the same dose if they were given to you in the same form?  I did not experience the nausea with Tasigna that you mentioned, but I had a skin rash and more importantly my bilirubin went through the roof. That was just under 2 years ago and I have now been on Sprycel for most of that time with good results and fortunately manageable side effects (so far). The toughest thing that I remember about Tasigna was the need to carefully schedule dosages at safe times between meals.

Many people are happy on Tasigna, but the good news is that if it is not for you there are 3 other medications available that you can try. I am only 2 years in, but I have not had to alter my life very much as a result of my CML. I hope that you will have the same experience on whatever medication and dosage turns out to be right for you. 

Thank you Admj for your response. 5 days in I don't vomit I have other symptoms. I have talked with someone from a support group here in Sydney and I am more and more accepting my situation and see that every day is a day won, even though, it changes at least I don't have the feeling that whatever symptom I have that day will stay. I hope that my body will adjust and I'll be able to have a more or les normal life.

Thank you again for answering my desperate comment.

Cheers,

Sonia

Thread continued from: 
Tasigna side effects