You are here

Lipase rollercoaster

Categories:

Hey, guys! Hope everybody's fine! I just want to share my lipase history with you. Well, since january/2017 i'm having problems with high lipase, and amylase. Sometimes very, very high, like four times the limit. Everytime that happens i start a restrict diet: no sugar, less coffee, less fat, no fried food, lots of fruits, etc.. Within a week my levels come to normal. So, i think, in my case, nilotinib has some sort of heavy impact in my pancreas and a chance in diet is fundamental to keep my levels ok. It's funny how our bodies work.

Hi Lucas - 

I presume you found this paper? Seems like the issues you have are, if not common, quite possibly linked to nilotinib..

https://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pmc/articles/PMC2791949/pdf/0941758.pdf

David.

Hi Lucas, 

David's link to the paper on elevation in pancreatic enzymes experienced by some patients who are treated with nilotinib, is a very informative read. Thanks David- I have put this on the 'Articles' page.

Pancreatic enzyme elevation in chronic myeloid leukemia patients treated with nilotinib after imatinib failure
Francesca Palandri, Fausto Castagnetti, Simona Soverini, Angela Poerio, Gabriele Gugliotta, Simona Luatti, Marilina Amabile, Giovanni Martinelli, Gianantonio Rosti, and Michele Baccarani
Department of Hematology and Oncology “L. and A. Seràgnoli”, St. Orsola-Malpighi Hospital, University of Bologna, Italy.

Thank you, David and Sandy. i read that paper last year, when my lipase started to elevate. Funny thing is that the patient with crazy levels, even in lower dose, still have high lipase. I'm talking with my doctor to have an US to check for gallbladder's problems. Cheers.