You are here

Latest PCR

So I just received my latest PCR, 0.134 IS, down .048 since 11/2017 now the slow downward spiral starts, I am living on 100mg Sprycel and doing ok with it.

I do have a question 6 months prior to the CML dx I was lucky enough to break my collarbone into several pieces, this was repaired with a plate and several screws.  At each visit the Orthopedic Surgeon commented about the healing process being slow. At the last visit one month before the CML dx there was one small section that had not healed. So the obvious question did the CML slow the healing process, I asked the Oncologist and the answer was It could be, but not sure.

Actually - Dasatinib (Sprycel) may actually help/facilitate bone formation:

https://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pmc/articles/PMC3087319/

I suspect poor healing may be more to diet and genetics. Vitamin D + vitamin K2, for example, are vital for moving calcium from soft tissue and plasma into bone. Without sufficient D+K2 levels, calcium tends to move out of bone into soft tissues (which can lead to atherosclerosis and high blood pressure) and weakening bones in the process.

In my own case, I had annual bone marrow aspirations, some twice a year in my early CML history. Once I started a D+K2 regimen, my hip bone became much much harder. In fact, in year 3 of my supplementation, the technician performing the bone "drilling" commented on how my hip bone is harder than any she has experienced - and boy did I feel that one! I haven't had a bone marrow taken since ... (for other reasons, however).

Congratulations. Right on the cusp of MMR