You are here

Nilotinib—Hypopigmentation

Categories:

Hi All

I’ve been on Nilotinib 600mg per day since January this year

I’m wondering if there is anyone who’s also taking it experiences skin lightening?

Thank you

Hi:

I started on Tasigna 600 mg/day in October 2016.  I had a number of skin issues, including squamous cell carcinomas, folliculitis, mild petechia. occasional pimples (I am 65 and hadn't had a pimple in decades), but never hypopigmentation.  I am now on 150 mg/day and all skin issues have resolved except occasional folliculitis and pimples.

If this is the only side effect you have from Tasigna you are indeed fortunate - hope it stays that way for you.  Good luck

Hi:

I started on Tasigna 600 mg/day in October 2016.  I had a number of skin issues, including squamous cell carcinomas, folliculitis, mild petechia. occasional pimples (I am 65 and hadn't had a pimple in decades), but never hypopigmentation.  I am now on 150 mg/day and all skin issues have resolved except occasional folliculitis and pimples.

If this is the only side effect you have from Tasigna you are indeed fortunate - hope it stays that way for you.  Good luck

Hii, i have skin lightening on my forhead after 4 years on imatinib, now after 2 months on nilotinib its better, butt i don t think it s going to disapper. i have tried many treatments, with no results...         https://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pmc/articles/PMC4601460/

P.S. -don t stay in the sun too long, i developed a melonoma 3 years ago, catched in early stage, i m fine now, very tension period.