You are here

Tasigna side affect

Categories:

Hello everyone,

I'm Dave from the U S. I have this terrible side effect from my tasigna and my wife is paying the price. I have terrible stomach bloating and even worse gas. Has anyone else experienced this side effect and if so is there a good remedy to help it go away or even just lessen some.

Many thanks

Dave, the flatulence issue is well known to the many members of this forum. There is an old set of posts on this subject here  which has some comments on what people use, and some humour which will show you that you are not alone! 

The NHS has some good guidance on this topic here: 

https://www.nhs.uk/conditions/flatulence/ 

Some of the suggestions it makes are to try drinking peppermint tea. Activated charcoal tablets are also suggested but I imagine it would be important to chat with a pharmacist to ensure there's no issue with it affecting nilotinib absorbtion. Lastly, there is special underwear that can help the nasally-discovered effects with (I think) charcoal filters in all the right areas. Here's one brand that has been advertised in the UK. They ran an advertising campaign in London with the slogan "fart with confidence" 😄. 

https://www.myshreddies.com 

David.

Hi Dave: I am also on Tasigna - started om 600 mg/day and now down to 150 mg/day.  I used to have your problem primarily after I ate and here's a list of the things I tried and that seemed to help:

For bloating and gas, chew on fennel seeds right after you eat.  Also, fennel tea anytime of the day should help

Stay away from foods that cause or exacerbate this problem - I did and it helped

Take DigestGold (digestive enzyme) before each meal.

In the end, assuming your response is good, you will want to start discussing dose reduction when you reach MMR.  Less TKI is the best remedy for side effects.  All of mine have either resolved or gotten much better.

Good luck and god bless our wives (and husbands).

Expect to have gas all day and night. I drink enough water to drown a Horse and it does nothing but make me pee all day and all night. I tell my Wife there are barking Spiders in the house and luckily she doesnt care because my wife is an Angel that God sent to take care of me . Tasigna sucks and so does Every other TKi . I was on Gleevec but the bone pain was driving me crazy. Well its coming back after 3 weeks on Tasigna and I'm going to go back to Gleevec because Tasigna has way too many side effects and I work outside and have to be in the sun and Tasigna says no Sun so back to Gleevec I go because I dont want a rash all over my body.