You are here

Weight Loss

Categories:

Hi,

I am on Glivac 400mg since the last 2 months. My WBC count is now within range. I regularly experience weakness in my legs with cramps and intermittent pain. Moreover, I am loosing weight constantly from 82kgs initially to 78kgs in a month's time to 75kgs in 2 months as of today. I am having ample fruits, sprouts, milk and proteins however I do not seem to have any positive results. Can anyone share any such experiences that you might have had and suggest a remedy please?

Hi

I lost a fair amount of weight post DX and was one of the things my family kept saying to me and  one of the reasons that prompted me to get checked out. I was diagnosed in March and put on Nilotinib in April. I’ve slowly started putting on weight over the last couple of months. It takes a while for the body to adjust to treatment and for things to become more normal. I am happy to say I am near my usual weight now and have been on a steady incline for sometime. Once the disease burden is less (When tabs start really working) your body will use its calories for good rather than towards the CML production. Your bloods have normalised and that’s good and when your BCR-ABL reduces you’ll be more your usual self.

I am sure you’ll be fine in a couple of months time. Give it time and keep the faith.

All the best with your treatment

Alex

After a while the pounds will pack back on without diet/exercise just like Motto Motto.