You are here

Great results, but what next?

Categories:

Three months in 50mg dasatinib, and the numbers are looking good!

19 June 23.3881%

21 July 9.5966%

07 September 0.4610%

Very excited, could be achieving MMR very soon. But my WBC counts remain low, 2.7x10^9/L, my doctor said I should be fine with this and let me remain on 50mg dasatinib. The fatigue has been less severe, with more exercise coupling healthy diets, however the headache is still annoying whenever I had not enough sleep (8-10 hours! I slept 6-8 before!).

What next? Should I be aiming to reduce the dosage to 20mg? I am still 21, and this drug is no where good for our bodies, I want to keep it as little as possible. 

Good luck guys, I hope to join the MMR club soon! Godspeed.

Josiah

Josiah, congratulations on your optimal response to dasatinib (50mg) .... reducing further may be best kept for the future, when you are certain of the stability of your molecular response.

While it's true that TKIs may not be good for your body, neither is CML! This is targetted therapy and your blood cells will need time to recover. They will do so in time but your marrow needs the time and space to make 'normal' cells, so give it a chance to recover its structure and start producing non-Ph+cells.... this will certainly some months if not a year or so. Take your time and you will get there.

Sandy