You are here

Vitamin D & CML

Categories:

Dear Sir or madam

I have only just now joined the CML support group I was diagnosed with CML in April 2017 I am also a registered nurse with now 33 years working in the NHS I hope I have sent this feedback ok as I am not the best with using my mobile phone I am interested to know if Vitamin D helps with the bodies immunity with having CML I understand how Vitamin D works however I have always been a bit warey of taking supplements I will ask my GP about prescribing me Vit D my last BCR ABL was 0.89 but it had been 0.26 before this I take imatinib 400mg 

Kind regards

Michael Ashcroft

I have learned from others on here that Vitamin D plays a significant role in helping our immune system. 

I have had low vitamin D for years and have just recently been able to get it into the low normal range.

I take Vitamin D3 as a supplement. A chiropractor told me to take it with fat. That has made a difference for me in getting my level to rise.

I get tested for Vitamin D to keep track of my numbers.

Hi Kali
Thank you for your feedback I will speak with my GP about this and ask to have my vitamin D tested
Kind Regards
Mike A

It should also be trivial for your haematologist to add a Vit D test to your next routine bloods. Just ask next time. 

David

Hi David thanks for your advice I do as you suggest
Mike