You are here

Personal Independance Payment

Categories:

Hi all ,Has anybody applied for this benefit and been successful. I am nearly 62 and 1 year since diagnosis,I don’t have a job now I just haven’t got the energy ,and with all the different side effects we have from time to time I just couldn’t work .I am hoping I meet the criteria.Denise.

Hi Denise,

Sorry you haven’t got much of a response here - perhaps a topic people don’t have much experience with. 

Have a look at the “CML UK” Facebook group. There are definitely a few people there that have been through the PIP process.

David 

Hi David ,thank you for taking the time to reply.Ihave had a quick look ,trying to get any benefit is difficult somebody always gives you a hard time so you just give up,but when you are ill it will be all the more stressful .It doesn’t look like anyone was successful so I won’t bother.As a Waspi lady if I could just have my pension we would be ok our savings are going down fast .My Husband can’t work he gets his pension next November .Have a lovely Christmas and all the very best for the New Year .Denise.