You are here

Dasatinib and strained back muscle

Hi all, 

I've run into a speed bump having strained a muscle in my lower back. Its quire painful! I started taking Ibuprofen, a non-steroidal anti-inflammatory drug. 

I've now stopped taking the ibuprofen, having read that it interacts with Dasatinib with an elevated risk for bleeding.

Does anyone have suggestions for alternative treatment. 

Thank you. 

I suffer from chronic back pain.   If it’s bad enough steroids such as a medrol dose pack of prednisone work for me.   I also don’t hesitate to take Aleve.   I’ve discueesed it with my onc and he see no issues with it.  

Thanks MJP. I'll check it out with my Onc. 

I was told no NSAID drugs at all. Ouch. I have osteoarthritis and was using various NSAID drugs for pain.  Aleve is an NSAID.  What am I missing here?  Someone?  Thanks.  I hurt a lot and there is nothing to take except Tylenol which does not work or hyrdocodone, which is only for terrible pain.  Gitel. 

I cannot take NSAIDS because l had gastric bypass surgery in 2012. Tylenol and TKIS don’t really go well together. Recently had a bad muscle pull and my oncologist prescribed Tramadol. Works well. Can you speak to your doc about trying it?

I have CML and arthritis in the spine. My wife has knee arthritis.
We both use curcumin supplements for arthrosis and we both feel extraordinarily well.
Use curcumin supplements, not only will relieve pain, but will also help you with the disease.
This is something I and my wife have successfully verified.
Finally, after a while, Tramadol will affect your heart and internal organs.
Curcumin is natural, it's a long runner .

Good information, how much Curcumin do you take and how long does it take until it feels like it’s making a difference?

The problem that we have with curcumin is it stays a little in the human body and is absorbed even less. To counteract this, over the course of time, researchers invented about 8 major curcumin bioavailability methods and about 4 similar ones.
I've tried just about all the famous curcumin supplements made by the main methods and all the brands from the big companies that produce curcumin supplements from the US and the UK. I have made a opinion about almost all the important curcumin supplements on the market.
We will not discuss this now because I do not know if you are interested.
We will not discuss what I believe and recommend for various types of diseases and diseases. I use curcumin even for other diseases other than CML.
What is important to you: for joints, arthrosis and osteoarthritis, use curcumin supplements made by the Meriva method . The so-called Meriva curcumin.
My wife uses Jarrow Formulas Phytosome Meriva - 2 capsules / daily with food.
My wife's colleagues also use the Jarrow Meriva with good results.
A good friend of mine, who has knee problems, could barely walk this street this summer and make herbal baths and injections of hyaluronic acid on his knees. Very expensive injections from Germany. At my recommendation, he started taking Meriva curcumin and feels very good .
He uses Doctor's Best, Curcumin Phytosome with Meriva, 2 capsules / daily and is very pleased. And this is a trusted brand.
I have also tried Meriva from Healthy Origins, but I honestly can't figure out how good it is.
The best Meriva curcumin is the Thorne Research Meriva 500-SF, with very fast visible effects, but the price is double that of the usual ones.There are other brands, but we do not go into details .
My advice for you is to use Meriva curcumin either from Jarrow, or from Doctor's Best. Both brands do their job well.
For now, you may use 2 capsules / daily with food and, if you can, with a little olive oil.Helps with absorbtion . In a few days, you should feel the pain relief effect. Have a little patience.
My wife, felt first effects after 2 days, the others after about 3-4 days. Now , everyone is pleased with Meriva .
I hope that my opinion helps you. Please keep me informed of how your situation is evolving .