You are here

can I go back?

Friends

Sprycel is not agreeing with me at all.Am gettting no sleep,am depressed on it and having hot cold sweats constantly.Want go back on Gleevec.Can you go back?my doc is impossible to get in touch with.only 5 days on Sprycel and cannot bear it.Better on Gleevec.Please advise as am feeling quite desperate.

Thanks

Tanya 5 days may not be a good amount of time to determine if you are going to have success.  I also had trouble sleeping for a couple of weeks when I started Dasatinib.  I tried melatonin and eventually night time (PM) tylenol to get some sleep.  It is not a good long term plan but that may help you get past these first few days.  I literally did not sleep at all for a couple of days and was worried about my long term sanity.  I had actually forgotten about that until I read your post.  I would try a little longer to see if it starts agreeing with you.  Not sleeping can be influencing depression?  Hope this helps.  

Tanya I have been on Sprycel for about 5 years now and sleep has always been an issue. If you can stick with the Sprycel it should get better. I have recently cut from 100mg to 70mg and the sleep and other side effects have improved, probably 50%better. I am going to ask my Dr. to lower the dose to 50mg and if the side effects don't improve more I will probably think about changing to another TKI also. For me the Gleevec was much easier to tolerate with very few issues, but I had to change because after 8 years the gleevec stopped working.

Tom

Thanks for that!gived me hope.Think will try taking Sprycel in morning and will try Melatonin at night.Are you still taking Sprycel?

Thank you Tom.Yes I found Gleevec much easier on the whole so hope I can return to that if Sprycel sides don’t subside.You on Gleevec now?

Yes still Sprycel. Trouble sleeping, gastrointestinal issues, and pain in tail bone are some of the early issues I remember. All subsided and none to speak of now (18 months). Hope you get some sleep.

Tanya I am on Sprycel now. The Gleevec stopped working after about 8-9 years. The 100mg of Sprycel was really tough with all the side effects and not sleeping. On 70mg now and the side effects are much better. I am hoping we are going to drop to 50mg on my next Dr. visit.

Tom

Thank you,friend am going off Sprycel is affecting my mental state dreadfully no matter what anyone says...can cope with Glivec sides and am grateful for it as long as it’s still working...love and blessings to all on here through this journey and am here to listen as well as to share...

Hello, 

I accidentaly found a research article from 2017 stating, that switching back from 2nd generation to imatinib is possible, but after achieving (do not remember which type... I think CMR) response. I have read it at work and cannot find it again, but simply saying, it is probably possible to go back, but not at this time. 

Eva 

My doc said I can go back as am feeling so awful so hope to God it’s ok to do so!Thank for trying help me!