You are here

Need advice : urgently

Categories:

Hi all,

Need your advice/suggestions.

I have pain in my left upper abdomen since last 4 days. My wbc count is normal- 5300.

I had enlarged spleen 22 cm at dx - 45 days back and i am currently on Tasigna.

I am worried if the spleen started to enlarge again. Kindly help me understand.

The best and most accurate way is to do an abdominal ultrasound. Physical examination is quite useless as it can detect just enlarged spleen and only if it is at least twice as normal size. 

I think the spleen is not getting larger, but there are other possible conditions. Your urine is of normal color ? Eyes are not yellowish ? Also it could be just myosceletal pain. If it is not so bad pain, you could wait few more days, otherwise let the ultrasound done. 

Eva

Thanks Eva.

Yes, my indirect bilirubin is 4.8 mg/dl. Urine and eyes are normal in color.

I infact all of a sudden have lost appetite since 4 days n feel full after eating a little. Hemolysis? Anything to be worried abt? My hemoglobin is 12.9 and rbc 4.23 milli/cu.mm

Kindly suggest.

I have doc appointment on friday.

Your Hb is fine then ( I suppose it is quite recent result). If you won't get yellowish or feeling worse, it it is ok to wait until friday. It is quite uncommon during therapy, but could happen. If haemolysis is present, you will notice colour changes of your skin and eyes and in that case do not hesitate to visit your doctor earlier. It could also cause enlargement of spleen and big spleen could make symptoms you describes. Do not worry to much. 

Eva 

Thanks so much Eva. Appreciate your support and suggestions