You are here

Vertigo

4 1/2 years ago, exactly 5 years after my diagnosis of CML, I badly broke my upper arm and started having mild  dizzy spells. These spells have continued since then and have got worse recently, just as I reduced my dosage to 200mgs after being on 300mgs for 18 months - I think it is vertigo and have finally made an appt with my GP. It is so hard to work out what are side effects from Imatinib, what are other medical problems and what are the normal signs of old age ( I am 70 yrs but very active). I assume, having read the leaflet enclosed with my tablets, and also an earlier thread on here of 2013 that vertigo is a possible side effect of Imatinib and wonder what other people have done about it. I don't think it's a blood pressure problem - I had it checked recently.

Advice much welcomed,

Best

Chrissie

Hi Chrissie,

Isn't it always hard to know what could be drug related, and what is just something unrelated?

Have you noticed any other issues with your ears? Ringing or persistent buzzing perhaps? Any changes in the sensations of pressure?

David.

Thanks for your reply, David. No other weird sensations - and I didn't think I was getting any real side effects from imatinib either. Have an appt with GP on April 1st ( bad date) and I'll see what comes up then if anything. My haem just phoned me about late results and he didn't know what it is - he didn't realise vertigo is a side effect ( it's listed in the leaflet in the tablet pack). Time will tell and it doesn't make me think I'm going to pass out or shouldn't be driving -it normally strikes when I am sitting quietly doing nothing.

Hope all is well with you and yours,

Best

Chrissie