You are here

Philosophy on life

Categories:

Hope this doesn’t seem strange, but I was just wondering how many “members” have got, and stuck to a new philosophy on life, when I was diagnosed January 2015 I promised myself that when I got out of hospital I was going to do this and I’m going to do that, but call me a gunner I haven’t changed a thing, I’m not cracking up, but should I have grabbed life by the short and curlies and started treating myself, by the way everything is under control, my readings are spot on, but do I need a kick up the backside! wife keeps saying “if you want that little 2 seater get it” perfect philosophy please! Peter 

Maybe finding a new philosophy on life would mean admitting that CML has changed you (nothing wrong with that, either). But perhaps just going on as you always have is a sign of strength that you didn’t allow it to change a thing about you. There’s always a couple of angles of looking at things.

I recently had to sell my 2-seater due to an expanding family. All I can tell you is that CML or no CML, you shouldn’t need an excuse to have a 2 seat sports car other than you’d like one! I had to sell my Z4 for a song - someone got a great deal from me!

David.

Thank you David for a perfect view and comment on my question, I think confidence took a bit of a knock when I was diagnosed, and it’s when you get other people’s views on your hesitations you realise you (myself) need to get on with it, again many thanks David. Peter 

my initial thought on diagnosis was "I just spent what might be the last good year of my life in a job i hate, why did i do that?"

So I try not to do that again, unfortunatly it means i have not worked much and have needed to rely on savings. Jobhunting is still a nightmare and ive been trying to avoid it...times catching up though...