You are here

CML Blast Crisis

Categories:

My husband was diagnosed with CML BLAST Crisis in August.  He had a bone marrow transplant on Feb 27, 2019, from unrelated donor.  Would love to hear from others who have had the blast crisis phase, their stories and where they are at today.  Thank you!

I was somewhere between the accelerated phase and acute phase in 2009. Can't remember the percentage of blast cells I had. Rather than a stem cell transplant, I was given a traditional chemo drug for leukemia and Sprycel a/k/a dasatinab. Sprycel, in 2009, was the second generation of TKI therapy drugs. I achieved CMR, Complete Molecular Response, in Summer 2010 give or take. So, there has been no trace of my CML except for me electing to go-off my Sprycel. I tested positive again slightly above the MMR, Major Molecular Response. So . .. I have to resume TKI therapy again. Glad the stem cell transplant worked out for your husband. I've considered having that procedure done just because of side effects. 

I was diagnosed borderline blast phase on NewYears eve 2015. Months before felt under the weather, a few weeks of bone pain when walking. It all went away and went to the Dr. for a knee issue. Took a blood test to rule out an infection in my knee and had a 96000 WBC otherwise blood count was good, no big spleen, my knee was more detrimental. Put on 600mg of Imatinib, steady checkups, hit all milestones and enjoy no side effects. The first 4 months were hard, but mainly due to my knee, went to rehab, it was caused be an athletic injury years ago, never missed work though. Today I do everything like before. I find it unbelievable that I have Cancer seeing others with chronic conditions as back pain and diabetes etc. suffer so much. I am truly blessed and can’t express enough gratitude  to those that contributed to this remarkable outcome.