You are here

Bosutinib and stomach/abdomen pain.

Categories:

Hi everyone. I just wondered if anyone out there currently taking Bosutinib has had any issues with abdomen/flank/lower back pain. I have been on here before for muscularskeletal pain which I have had since diagnosis, and has peaked and troughed along my journey. This most recent pain started under my right rib cage and upper abdomen and runs down my flank and occasionally into my lower back. I have been on Bosutinb for approx 6 weeks, the last week it has picked up in particular. I am unsure of this is muscular or not, doctors seem to think it maybe gastro but I'm not too sure. At times this week I have been doubled over and my stomach looks bloated. I was stretching Sunday, but felt no immediate pain and was far from exerting myself... I don't seem to know my own body any more. Any feedback appreciated. John

John... from your description of where the pain radiates from it sounds like it may be your liver. Maybe a good idea to ask for your liver enzyme levels. If they are raised it may explain the pain- maybe your liver is complaining.

Sandy

Hi Sandy.

Thanks for getting back.

I have had bloods ran this week and apparently my liver results are normal but the Consultant said my Haemaglobin was low. He requested an Ultrasound and the consultant (not my usual consultant) gave me Gaviscon and 30mg Lanzoprazole to take 2 times per day. He pressed on the four quadrants of my abdomen and bizarrely although the pain is under my right rib cage/upper abdomen, when he pressed my left upper abdomen the pain on the RIGHT was severe like something was going to pop. I am burping alot more, but I am not sure if it is Gastro.

If I press on my 10th rib area, this is quite tender too, so not sure if somehow I have managed to pull something again!!! My activity levels are becoming more and more restrictive, even getting in and out the car at work is painful.

I am awaiting an appointment at Hammersmith, and will travel from Newcastle as soon as this comes in.

Frustrated.

John