You are here

Rocky Mountain Gal - in memory

I am very sad to share the sad news that 'Rocky Mountain Gal', Jillian, lost her battle with leukemia this past Saturday. Her CML transformed into AML with a new gene mutation for which no drug or nutrition support worked to control it. My wife and I had the honor and pleasure of meeting Jillian and her husband, Louis, in person, while Jillian was visiting M.D. Anderson to participate in an AML drug trial. We first met here on this forum and came to know each other apart from disease. Meeting Jillian and Louis enriched our lives. My wife and I will always remember her smile and love of life from her stories living in the mountains of Colorado. She is at peace.

That's awful news, I am so sorry to hear.

My thoughts are with her family at this extremely difficult time for them.

David.

I was just thinking about her yesterday and how she had not posted in some time. My prayers are with her loved ones. Every time something like this happens it is a sobering reminder about a lot of things. Thanks for sharing and I am glad that you had the pleasure of meeting her. I too live in Colorado and had some communication with her when she first started asking questions on the forum. Thanks for sharing.

That’s such sad news. Shocking to hear of this in this day and age of a CML diagnosis. A reminder never to take anything for granted and to live our best and most authentic versions of ourselves as best we can in the present moment. My thoughts are with her loved ones.

Thanks for sharing this tragic news, scuba - I'm devastated to hear about Jillian's passing. My sincere condolences to the family.

That’s really sad to read!

Condolences to all her family and friends! 😞

Thank you for sharing this sad news, Scuba. I'm reminded of a conversation I had with one of my doctors. I was feeling guilty because others in the waiting room looked much sicker than I did. I mentioned that to my doctor and he said, "Don't ever feel guilty, CML can still be a very serious disease for some." I'm glad you got to meet her. Heartfelt condolences to her family.

Thread continued from: 
I’m trying to not freak out